Undergraduate students in the Department of Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics are advised by the department's full-time faculty.
Each student is assigned a faculty advisor upon declaring their CEEM major (typically during their sophomore year). Students are assigned to advisors based on their chosen concentration:
- Civil Engineering and Construction Management: Julius Chang, Ibrahim Odeh
- Water Resources / Environmental Engineering: Patricia Culligan
- Geotechnical Engineering: Hoe I. Ling
- Structural Engineering/Engineering Mechanics: Raimondo Betti, George Deodatis, Jacob Fish, Christian Meyer, Andrew Smyth, Haim Waisman, Huiming Yin.
- 3/2 Program: Rene B. Testa
This advisor will meet with the student regularly to help with many issues, both academic and otherwise.