How to Apply
Complete the online application, which requires the following information:
- Application form
- A 1-2 paragraph letter describing the kind of work you would like to do while at Columbia University and the particular faculty member whose research interests coincide with your own. Also include the dates you would like to visit.
- A curriculum vitae
- One letter of recommendation
- Apply by May 1 for Fall arrival (September – December)
- Apply by September 1 for Spring arrival (January – May)
- Apply by February 1 for Summer arrival (June – August)
If your application is accepted, the department will contact you with further details and paperwork about your visit. Do not contact the department regarding your application.
Unfortunately, the department cannot help in your search for housing.